Glenwood does not have a cafeteria; each day, parents must provide lunch for their children. To assist parents in this daily routine, the PTO offers a lunch program as a fundraiser for our school. Lunch can be purchased each day of the week. The program is organized and staffed by parent volunteers. Registration for Tuesday and Thursday lunch takes place in September and January through the Glenwood PTO website, and orders are set for the next five months. Registration for lunch service on Monday, Wednesday and Friday is through our lunch partner No Fuss Lunch and runs throughout the year.
Any questions should be sent to [email protected].
Arrival/Dismissal Procedures and Safety Reminders:
- There is no supervision on school grounds before 8:40 or after 3:25. Therefore, it is imperative that children not arrive before 8:40 unless a parent accompanies them and all students are picked up by 3:25.
- All students need to bring a healthy snack each day.
- Sandals, flip-flops, crocs, other open-toed shoes, and cleats are not permitted at Glenwood. Students with this type of footwear may be excluded from recess and physical education classes. Sneakers with a rubber sole are always the best bet.
- The school is not permitted to administer any medications including over-the-counter medications without a doctor's note.
- Students in grades 3 and 4 may ride bikes to Glenwood. They must wear their helmets and only walk their bikes across all crosswalks and on school grounds. Motorized scooters and skateboards of any kind are not permitted at Glenwood. We do have bicycle racks available, however, the school is not responsible for the safekeeping of bicycles.
- Students at all grade levels who will walk to school should not be walking to school alone.
- All parents must avoid pulling into the school parking lot during arrival or dismissal to drop off or pick up your child.
- Students may only be dropped off and picked up in the drop-off/pick-up zone, beginning just past the flagpole in front of the school. This area is indicated by a thick yellow line.
- Parking or unloading children is not permitted across the street from the school.
- Please stay in the car line and in your car during drop-off and pick-up.
- Avoid cutting around the cars ahead of you.
- Avoid cell phone use and text messaging while driving in the car line.
- As per township ordinance, dogs are not permitted on school grounds past the public sidewalk along Taylor Road.
- The parents or guardians of children with a change of plans after school, including going home with another student or adult, must call Avis Ng (973) 379-7576 (ext. 34003) in the main office to report the change. The office will make a note of it and contact the teacher to ensure that the child is redirected or reminded of the change. All changes need to be called into the main office before 3:00.